Corona measures (update valid from 27 June 2021)
Given the current corona measures, LABIOMISTA can remain open. However, there are some restrictions on the number of people allowed in indoor areas. Tickets must be purchased in advance online.
- Buy your tickets in advance online;
- You must wear a mask indoors. If you are unable to maintain a social distance of at least 1.5 m in the outdoor areas, then also wear a mask there;
- Remain within your bubble;
- Keep 1.5 m distance from other visitors;
- Please note that there may be a waiting time in the indoor areas;
- You can continue to use the audio guides – they are disinfected after each use;
- Certain audio elements in the villa cannot be used;
- The toilets can be used. Strict hand hygiene is mandatory;
- Please sneeze and cough in your elbow;
- The catering facilities at Nomadland are open every weekend in June. In July and August from Wednesday to Sunday. Picnic facilities can be used. Be sure to stay in your bubble and follow the measures that apply on the terrain; Max 8 people allowed per table (not including children under 12); A household may share a table. The picnic facilities can be used. Be sure to remain in your bubble;
- Feeling ill? Please postpone your visit.
LABIOMISTA’s house rules
We look forward to receiving you in LABIOMISTA. Our employees will make sure that you can fully enjoy the park. The ground rule of our operations is to always show respect for people, animals, the environment and society.
In order to guarantee your safety and that of our animals and to ensure that all visitors to LABIOMISTA can enjoy a pleasant stay, some rules apply, as set out in these regulations.
Chapter 1: General
This chapter applies to the entire domain of LABIOMISTA.
- We ask that visitors up to 12 years of age be accompanied by an adult.
- Respect for artworks
- Unless otherwise indicated, the exhibited objects may not be touched.
- Small backpacks and handbags are allowed in LABIOMISTA. Large backpacks, mobile seating furniture and other camping equipment may not be used. Lockers are provided in the reception building. Additionally, objects that could pose a risk to the safety of people, artworks or infrastructure at LABIOMISTA are not permitted. The park is not liable for damage, loss or theft of personal property.
- Food & drink
- Eating and drinking is permitted in LABIOMISTA, but not in the buildings, unless the food has to be consumed for medical reasons. Avoid disposable packaging, take your waste home with you or use the appropriate bins. You’ll find refillable bottles and drinking water in the reception building.
- Recordings (pictures, video & sound)
- You may take pictures, film and make audio recordings in the park as long as this is for your own use. However, in doing so you should never cause any nuisance to other visitors. Please also take into account that not everyone wants to be photographed.
- Photo and video shoots for commercial purposes are not possible. LABIOMISTA is an evolving work of art by Koen Vanmechelen. Photo and video shoots for commercial purposes are not compatible with the integrity of the artwork and copyright.
- In either case, an admission ticket must be purchased.
- Dogs (and other pets) are not allowed in the park, except for certified assistance dogs.
- LABIOMISTA is accessible for people in a wheelchair and for prams by means of paved walking paths.
- Modes of transportation
- Bicycles, skateboards, steps and rollerskates are not allowed.
- Sound equipment
- Visitors to LABIOMISTA like to relax in the park. Consequently, the use radios, bluetooth speakers or other audio equipment is not permitted.
- Smoking, in any form, is strictly prohibited in LABIOMISTA.
- Promotional activities
- The distribution of flyers and other forms of advertising are not permitted in the park.
- You must have a valid entrance ticket before you visit LABIOMISTA.
- Season tickets, partner packages and reduction rates are strictly personal and non-transferable. Our employees are able to check this. Tickets for LABIOMISTA are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged. The tickets are only valid during opening hours.
- Access & security
- The reception staff has the right to refuse access to persons:
- who are in possession of weapons, dangerous objects, narcotics, ...;
- who are under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs;
- who cause trouble or nuisance;
- who refuse to comply with the house rules;
- If such persons are already in LABIOMISTA, they will be removed without reimbursement of their admission ticket. If the situation requires it, the police will be notified.
- The reception staff has the right to refuse access to persons:
- Camera surveillance
- CCTV is present everywhere in the park, for the safety of humans and animals, residents and visitors. Current privacy legislation applies.
- LABIOMISTA is not liable for damage to or theft of personal property.
- Emergencies: instructions in the event of an alarm
- In the event of an evacuation alarm, you must leave the buildings and/or the park via the designated escape routes. Stay calm and follow the instructions of the employees.
Chapter 2: Buildings
LABIOMISTA contains a number of buildings: The Ark (reception building), Villa OpUnDi, LabOvo and The Battery. Regulations applying specifically to these buildings are listed in Chapter 2: Buildings.
- A number of lockers are available in the reception building. They can be operated with a €1 coin, which will be returned after use. The lockers are emptied daily after closing time. Did you forget something? Talk to our staff at reception. If you lose the key, we’ll request a reimbursement of €20.
- The premises of LABIOMISTA are not rented out for private functions.
- There is an elevator available for wheelchair access to Villa OpUnDi. Please ask about this at reception.
- Food & drink
- Eating and drinking is not permitted in the buildings, unless the food has to be consumed for medical reasons.
- Restricted access
- Certain parts of the buildings are not accessible to visitors. These areas are clearly indicated by corresponding signage.
Chapter 3: Park
Chapter 3: Park applies to everything related to the natural environment outside and to our animals.
- Show respect to the animals at LABIOMISTA. Keep a safe distance, do not touch them or throw objects into the ponds or animal compounds. We provide our animals with food adapted to their needs, so please don’t feed the animals yourself.
- The park is accessible for people in a wheelchair and for prams by means of paved walking paths. Bicycles, skateboards, steps and rollerskates are not allowed.
- Food & drinks
- Eating and drinking is permitted in the park. Please take your waste home or use the appropriate bins.
- The park abounds in verdant nature, and we’d like to keep it that way, so please treat our plants and trees with respect.
- It is prohibited to swim and/or fish in the ponds and water features.
- Animal pastures and stables
- The animal pastures and stables are not accessible to visitors.
Chapter 4: Parking
Chapter 4: Parking applies to everything related to the LABIOMISTA car parks
- The LABIOMISTA car parks are signposted from the N76 public road as ‘parking 1’ and ‘parking 2’.
- LABIOMISTA parking 1 may only be used by visitors to LABIOMISTA.
- If parking 1 is unavailable, parking 2 may be used. This car park is shared with the visitors to PLOT (Provincie Limburg Opleiding en Training).
- Trucks and vans are not allowed on the car park. Buses can use the drop-off area at house number 60 to get passengers on or off.
- Unregulated parking at the roadside is not permitted. Keep in mind that this can be checked by the police and they can issue fines if necessary.
- LABIOMISTA is not liable for any damage to or theft of personal property.
- If you cause a nuisance, our employees will call you out on it. If you ignore the admonitions of our employees, we will be forced to contact the police.